Soon after the Armenian people of Musa Dagh were settled in the village of Anjar located in the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon in 1939, the Armenian Evangelical School (elementary section) started to operate in the newly constructed church building. In 1947, in the aftermath of the second World War and while Anjarian refugees were suffering during these hard times, the school gave its first graduates from the elementary section.
In 1947, Sister Hedwig Aienshanslin, member of the Swiss-German Hilfsbund Mission, arrived in Anjar and started the missionary work in a single room. In 1948, she was asked to assume the responsibility of running the school. Soon the elementary school became a junior high school. In 1955, the boarding department was established with 15 students from Kessab, Beirut and Zahleh. Two other sisters Mary Rock and Anna Nitsche joined sister Hedwig. In 1956, the school reaped its first harvest. During the following years, the school and the boarding departments prospered exponentially.
Today the school has renovated buildings and a beautiful campus. The boarding students have comfortable facilities.